Monday, March 26, 2012

You Are Getting Very Sleepy....Sleepy...Sleepy







Have you ever tried to stare down a cat?  Try it.  I bet you can't.  We have a champion at staring contests in our house.  I know, I know, ALL CATS can stare.  But Toonsis is THE BEST at making you feel defeated in a staring contest.  Most cats don't particularly care to stare with you for too long.  They will soon get bored with your human face and wander off, or fall asleep.  But Toonsis can keep her owlish eyes locked for such a long time, I have to wonder what in the world she is thinking about.  Maybe I'm the only cat person who plays this childish game with her cats (I doubt it) but I have to do it because I just can't resist a challenge and she is constantly trying to get my attention and so we play this game often.

TOONSIS - THE HYPNOTIST

The other day I was reading the newspaper and she sat on the precise paragraph I was reading, which was particularly rude considering she had been fed and had already performed her routine of begging to come in and out of the house multiple times for the morning.  I wasn't sure what she wanted, so I looked at her and noticed she had this look on her face...I know cats don't really change their expressions too much, and it's not like she had any sinister motives, but she seemed like she had issued that dare to stare...so we engaged.  30 Seconds later and my eyes began to sting a little but she kept looking at me.  45 seconds and I could hear the other cats approaching--now we had an audience.  It got kinda creepy after that and I felt a little intimidated for some reason.  Was that a sinister look on her face??   How dare she!! What would she have to gain out of it anyway?  It's not like I'm under any spell.  So I just gave her a treat and walked away.  Trance, Schmance.

But I don't feel so bad because my older daughter is capable of hypnotizing Toonsis into kitten submission.  What I mean by "kitten submission" is that Toonsis recognizes my daughter as her Mama Cat.  My daughter can softly speak to Toonsis and lay her down on the ground and the next thing you know, Toonsis (who seriously doesn't like to have her tummy rubbed) will have her paws up and lay still and quiet--it's eerie.  We have the video.Click to See Toonsis Being Hypnotized

My daughter is also able to do this with our other cats on the hard floor and the cats will allow her to drag them around and they go completely limp.  I don't particularly care for this because they are adult cats and it looks uncomfortable to me.  Not to mention, undignified, and they are grownups, after all.   But if you have a teenager, like cats, you turn around one minute and you'll wish you hadn't looked.   But trust me, it's far from torture. The cats are totally relaxed and look at me like, "What's the fuss?" Personally, I have my own method of hypnosis for my cats.  It's called rubbing behind the ears like a normal person, but call me crazy.


I found this one video on YouTube where this one cat has a FREAK OUT button or something, because the owner approaches humming the theme from jaws (now tell me that's not intimidating...) and this cat absolutely melts down practically foaming at the mouth.  I'm not sure if it likes this or what, you be the judge.  But when it is talking and licking furiously, it is definitely trying to say something....Please.  Stop.  Now.  Click Here to See YouTube CAT FREAK OUT



If a cat could hypnotize, would it use its powers for good?
Every cat has a magic button and I think it is our responsibility to discover it.  Once you find it--this weak spot, we can have the kitty under our spell.  It's only fair, after all.  Because for the most part my cats have me totally mesmerized most of the time.





No comments: